Los Angeles County, CA US
Contracts Attorney - Logistics (Highway/Ocean)
TEMP/PART-TIME (Approx. 20 HOURS WK) Our client, a Global Leader in advanced analytics platforms and block chain technologies, serving a wide range of industries, has an IMMEDIATE need for a contracts attorney, for about 20 hours/3 days a week, on-site in the Los Angeles metropolitan area. On-site days are typically Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
In addition to having worked with logistics in general, the required skills include knowledge of:
--the Federal Maritime Commission laws and regulations
--the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration laws and regulations
--import/export laws and regulations
--inbound/outbound transportation laws and regulations
In this position you will draft, review, redline and negotiate a variety of domestic and international commercial agreements. These agreements will include warehousing and logistics documents such as warehouse receipts, Bills of Lading, customer and carrier contracts, standard contract terms and conditions, and, tariffs.
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Must have an active law license and be in good-standing with the California bar . Must also have NO disciplinary history in ANY jurisdiction.
- 5+ years experience of RELEVANT industry experience via law firm or corporate law department.
- Possess exceptional attention to detail, superior written/verbal communication skills, demonstrative ability to approach legal problem-solving and provide practical advice/creative solutions in a "business-friendly" way.
- Work accurately in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sense of urgency.
- Ability and flexibility to participate in occasional international calls in differing time zones!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please review the above and if you truly believe you possess the qualifications and experience required for this position, please send your recruiter a cover letter that contains your target hourly rate (specific dollar amount) and availability to interview and start.
You should of course include your most recent resume.
Send the above to Alisa M. Austin, Esq. at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Favorite Quote: “Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.”— John Wooden
Experience: Practicing attorney since 1974. Held Associate through General Counsel positions in a law firm, an insurance company and financial services firm.
Accomplishment: Board Chairman of United Way of Southeastern Pennsylvania, The Center for Autism and the United Way of Pennsylvania and Board Member of Wheels, Inc., Valley Forge Historical Society and The Library Company of Philadelphia.
Degree: JD University of Pennsylvania Law School. BA History & Theatre, Wesleyan University.
Personal: Triathlete. Long-time indoor cycling instructor.