Paralegal: FERC experience a Plus
Philadelphia Western Suburbs, PA | Temporary
TEMPORARY/FULL TIME: Paralegal (PH3417P): Our client, a local leader in its field, desires a top-notch paralegal, preferably with FERC experience.
SUMMARY: The paralegal shall conserve staff’s time by administering cases; serving clients; conducting legal and factual research; preparing documents, exhibits, reports and case filings; executing case filings; provide support for all activities surrounding or related to the drafting, processing, updating and filing tariff and tariff related agreements; provide support for all activities surrounding or relative to the drafting and processing of service agreements and other legal documents,; assisting attorneys in data and discovery requests; and acting as a liaison among various internal departments as well as outside agencies. The successful paralegal candidate will be meticulous and have a thorough knowledge of legal formalities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Service Agreement Review and Filing
• Review service agreements and work with attorney and internal clients to resolve any legal or drafting issues regarding same
• Prepare and/or review service agreement filing packages and assist in filing with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (“FERC”).
• Review and/or prepare consents to assignment and agreements to amend
• Track status of service agreement filings and prepare all related communications and documentation regarding the same
Organize Case Files and Documents, Assist in Cases
• Maintain files and facilitate and assist in the management of FERC legal proceedings.
• Provide legal support for counsel in the stakeholder process, and in litigation and regulatory proceedings both at the state and federal levels.
• Assist in administering the filing system for the Law Department.
• Assist in FERC filings by organizing relevant governing agreement and tariff controlling document sections, assisting counsel in drafting filing letters.
• Assist attorneys in the preparation and filing of pleadings and Motions. Manage service and postings of filed documents.
• Monitor FERC technical conferences and hearings and prepare summaries/documents as requested by counsel.
Conduct Legal and Factual Research, Prepare Memos and Reports
• Undertake legal research and analysis on regulatory matters at the federal level.
• Prepare research memos and other legal documents.
• Prepare, maintain and update various reports used both internally and externally, including but not limited to upcoming filings, regulatory reports and status reports.
• Prepare and circulate summaries of various pleadings in legal proceedings of interest;
• Prepare informative or explanatory material on laws, federal regulations, and federal agency policy for general use by counsel.
• Pull relevant documents, proofread papers, organize exhibits, affidavits and execute other tasks as assigned by counsel in the preparation of motion filings.
• Compose letters, memos, agendas, minutes, charts, pleadings and other material of more complex nature as directed.
CHARACTERISTICS AND QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be meticulous, have a thorough knowledge of legal formalities, and be able to perform each essential duty to the satisfaction of the counsel. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Paralegal: A minimum of 5 years of experience as a law clerk or paralegal in a law firm, corporate legal department or governmental agency.
• Candidate must be efficient and organized, and demonstrate an ability to produce high-quality work products with attention to detail, in an efficient, confidential and timely manner.
• Candidate must be highly-proficient with desktop applications such as MS-Word, MS-Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Experience using document management systems
• Communication skills, oral and written, which demonstrate professional, customer-focused approach to completing assignments and representing company.
• Possesses strong demonstrated skills in the following:
o Composition, spelling, and grammar.
o Legal terminology.
o Legal research and writing.
o General business practices and principles.
If you possess a paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved paralegal program, or, have graduated with a Bachelor's Degree from an ABA approved paralegal program, and have the above skills and experience, please send your cover letter outlining your availability to interview and start and your target hourly rate ASAP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS IS AN IMMEDIATE NEED.