Regulatory Paralegal: Mortgage Servicing
Philadelphia Vicinity, PA | Permanent
PERMANENT/FULL-TIME: Legal Regulatory Paralegal (PH2117P): Employee-owners have made our client one of the nation’s largest mortgage subservicers, achieving success by empowering people with company ownership, real programs that provide avenues for advancement, and a great atmosphere that makes everyone look forward to the workday. Our client urges you to get your share of our success by considering the opportunity to join its team as a Legal Regulatory Paralegal. Location: suburban Philadelphia.
- Monitor and perform initial review changes to state, federal and local regulatory requirements.
- Organize and maintain Legal Regulatory Compliance Change Management Queue, including tracking new regulatory requirements and assignment to department staff attorneys. Manage workflow!
- Monitor internal legal requests and assign to staff for review.
- Provide monthly updates of regulatory changes for publication on the client-facing website.
- Assist with annual NMLS licensing updates and new license requests.
- Manage servicing fee schedules and process all updates or requests from clients.
- Assist with regulatory compliance research. Coordinate and follow up on regulatory compliance matters.
- Conduct research and respond to external audit requests as assigned to the department; engage staff attorneys as needed.
- Manage Regulatory Mailbox, including ensuring that attorneys have all necessary documents to complete their review; tracking attorney responses; following up with business units as needed; reviewing current policies and procedures; and working with business unit(s) to enhance and implement controls to address deficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree
- 5+ years’ relevant experience
- Strong technical knowledge, including knowledge of mortgage servicing and related laws
- Advanced research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and Access; SharePoint experience preferred
Our client prefers a paralegal from the residential mortgage space, i.e., from the consumer side of mortgages; would also consider a candidate whose experience is from Foreclosure or Bankruptcy. Must be organized, efficient, "embrace volume," have a positive attitude and possess "high energy," handle stress and troubleshooting well and above all, be competent!
Does all of the above truly sound like you? Then rush your resume and cover letter, outlining how you are the Perfect Fit, to:
Elissa R. Outtrim, Esq. at email@example.com. You MUST include in your application materials your ability to interview and to start, and, the annual salary you seek.