Staff Attorney: Mortgage Servicing
Philadelphia Vicinity, PA | Permanent
PERMANENT/FULL-TIME: Staff Attorney (PH2017). Great opportunity with an excellent company!
The purpose of this position is to provide regulatory legal guidance to our client’s mortgage servicing operations related to applicable federal, state and local laws; analyze, interpret and communicate new laws that impact business operations. Location: Suburban Philadelphia.
- Provide legal research as it relates to emerging regulatory issues and respond to the appropriate compliance and business functions.
- Monitor new laws and provide legal analysis to Compliance Change Management Committee.
- Provide legal guidance to business operations related to the implementation of process changes due to regulatory requirements.
- Review and respond to compliance findings that are identified as a result of any internal or external audit or examination.
- The candidate must be a licensed member in good standing of the Bar of at least one U.S. state with NO disciplinary history in ANY jurisdiction.
- 3-5 years of experience in mortgage regulatory compliance and must be familiar with all applicable laws, including FDCPA, FCRA, RESPA, TCPA, TILA and the Gram Leach Bliley Act.
- Strong analytical, organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently.
MUST have Mortgage Servicing experience; Mortgage Regulatory Compliance experience. Our client might consider someone from the Origination side. You MUST be up-to-date with Federal and State laws that apply to the industry and must know the difference between a Note and a Mortgage!
Does all of the above truly sound like you? Then rush your resume and cover letter, outlining how you are the Perfect Fit, to:
Elissa R. Outtrim, Esq. at firstname.lastname@example.org . You MUST include in your application materials your ability to interview and to start, and, the annual salary you seek.