Associate General Counsel/Capital Markets Attorney (Perm) REVISED
PERMANENT/FULL-TIME (PH011819) - WONDERFUL GROWTH OPPORTUNITY! Our client, a fintech company and a leader in its field, located in northern Delaware, seeks a Permanent/Full-Time Associate General Counsel and Capital Markets attorney with 1-3 years experience in securitization, asset-backed lending and/or structured lending and also targeting 3 - 5 years as an attorney, to come on board and grow with it! If you do not have this background and experience, please do not apply.
In this position, you would be working closely with our client's finance and capital markets teams and you would:
- assist with the creation, structuring, regulatory analysis and launch of privately-placed securitizations and asset-based lending transactions relating to consumer loans or similar asset classes;
- negotiate and draft various transactional and related documentation relating to securitizations and asset-based loans, including PPMs, legal opinions, resolutions, investor presentations and credit agreements.
- negotiate and draft transactional documents for sales and purchases of consumer loan portfolios and servicing rights;
- interpret and assist with the analysis and implementation of regulatory changes that impact securitizations and related businesses (e.g. risk retention and SEC rules);
- assist with ongoing advocacy efforts relating to regulatory changes impacting securitizations and online lending issues;
- manage corporate governance for parent and numerous subsidiaries, including formation of new LLCs and corporations and compliance with monthly and annual meeting requirements, and;
- advise operations team on servicer related matters.
To be considered, you must have: strong academic credentials, a minimum of 1-3 years relevant legal experience (looking for someone to grow in the position); 3 - 5 years experience as an attorney; strong Structured Finance experience, such as securitizations, asset-backed lending, secured or unsecured credit facilities, and; familiarity with corporate, securities, finance and related issues.
Note: Familiarity with consumer lending laws, such as TCPA/FDCPA would be a PLUS!
This is a fast-paced environment so you must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to allow you to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management. You must be able to work independently and be pro-active to business needs. The client seeks a strong team player!
Must have achieved a JD from an accredited law school and have at least one active State license, with no history of discipline in any jurisdiction.
If you truly meet the above description, please immediately send your resume and cover letter to Elissa R. Outtrim, Esq. at email@example.com
Your cover letter should include a brief introduction outlining how you believe you meet the position and must include: your target compensation as well as your availability to interview and to start.