Philadelphia Vicinity, PA | Permanent
PERMANENT/FULL-TIME: (PH061918): Our client, a leader in innovative medical products/treatments, seeks a qualified Attorney who will report to the Chief Legal Officer (CLO) and be responsible for providing legal support on a broad range of transactional matters for all company departments. The Counsel will primarily handle and implement "best practices" related to contracting and contract processes, with an additional focus on providing legal advice related to contract research services and commercial transactions.
SUMMARY OF JOB TASKS:
• Drafts, reviews and negotiates a wide variety of contracts including confidentiality agreements, master service agreements, consulting agreements, and contract research services agreements
• Identifies and implements best practices related to contract drafting and review processes in coordination with other company departments
• Provides solutions-oriented legal advice to internal stakeholders regarding legal risks associated with contracting matters
• Advises on regulations governing pharmaceutical contract research services
• Provides comprehensive legal support to multiple business units in order to identify, manage and help mitigate legal risks including those that involve fraud and abuse, anti-kickback and anti-trust laws
• Manages legal matters handled by outside counsel
• Provides legal advice to all company departments to ensure compliance and risk mitigation related to applicable laws, regulations and company policies
• Develops and delivers training to company departments regarding assigned areas
• Represents the legal department on various committees and teams
• Handles other legal matters assigned by the CLO
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (IF YOU DON'T POSSESS THESE, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY!):
• JD Degree
• Bar Membership (PA or any state law license)
• 8-10+ years in-house and/or law firm experience; in-house experience in a pharmaceutical or contract research organization
• Significant experience drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts related to the pharmaceutical industry, including confidentiality agreements, master service agreements, consulting agreements, contract research services agreements and distribution agreements
• Knowledge of statutes, regulations and guidance documents applicable to the pharmaceutical industry
• Proven ability to think strategically about achieving corporate objectives by addressing the needs of internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated track record of achieving legal department objectives
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, drafting and communication skills
• Proven ability to build relationships with third party providers of goods and services
• Proven ability to build relationships and collaborate with internal stakeholders to achieve corporate objectives
WHAT THE CLIENT PROVIDES IN THIS POSITION:
A highly competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefits package!
Your recruiter will be happy to elaborate in discussions with QUALIFIED CANDIDATES.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your application, immediately, to: Elissa R. Outtrim, Esq. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application MUST consist of:
- a cover letter, outlining how you meet the requirements of the job (please be concise).
- in your cover letter, you MUST provide information as to your target annual compensation. PLEASE _DO NOT_ PROVIDE A SALARY HISTORY to your recruiter. Just provide what you are SEEKING!
- You must also include information as to your availability to interview and to start. This is ESSENTIAL, as are all the other items outlined above for your application!