Contracts Specialist (NO attorneys, please)
Phila. Western Suburbs, PA | Temp-to-Perm
TEMP TO PERM/FULL-TIME: Contracts Specialist. (PH061518-P). Paralegals, contract specialists, contract managers, welcome to apply. NO JDs or other lawyers will be considered. Entry level. Our client, which strongly believed in a culture of "innovation," seeks a FT Contracts Specialist. The goal is to take this opening from Temp to Perm. Highly collaborative environment. Diverse employee group. Talented colleagues.
This position will be responsible for handling transactional work for the Americas to ensure transactions achieve business goals within acceptable risk tolerances and in accordance with corporate policies. Transactional work may include non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), vendor agreements, license transfers and RFP responses, marketing agreements, consulting agreements and SOWs. This position will work closely with field sales, field marketing, procurement as well as finance and legal team members. Additional responsibilities may include management of contract templates and contract management system, and project assistance as needed.
Fluency in one or more other languages is a PLUS (notably Spanish or Portuguese).
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL:
• Review and negotiate non-disclosure agreements, vendor agreements and other agreements described above in the Americas.
• Manage the review of customer RFP submissions, responses and questions with all stakeholders, including Pre-Sales, Sales, Sales Ops, and Legal.
• Work with Sales Operations or Finance to review or prepare license transfers, assignment agreements and assist with vendor registrations and data or security addendums.
• Help manage contract repository, contract forms, and facilitate contract execution.
• Assist the Legal Team with other transactional work as needed,
• Develop efficiencies to manage large or fluctuating workload.
• Develop close working relationship with field sales, field marketing, IT, procurement and Finance teams.
• Understand commercial trends in contracts.
YOU WILL REAP SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION IF YOU HAVE:
• The ability to negotiate and review contracts, including NDAs and vendor agreements.
• Efficient time manage skills and ability to handle large volume.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Sound judgment, and strong interpersonal, project management and organizational skills
• Attention to detail.
• Business acumen.
• Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate is a must.
YOU WILL THRIVE AND GROW IN THIS POSITION IF YOU HAVE:
• Bachelor equivalent (mandatory). If a paralegal, your paralegal studies must have been through an ABA-approved paralegal program.
• 3-5 years’ experience as a paralegal, contract specialist, contract manager, or legal contractor handling contract review and negotiation.
• Software licensing experience is a PLUS, but IS NOT required.
• The ability to multitask, are an efficient and organized worker, and work well under the pressure of deadlines. You must be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and attracted to challenging opportunities within a rapidly growing environment.
• Business level English mandatory. (Spanish is a PLUS, but IS NOT required.)
• Mobility – 5-10% of travel time required.
The role is located in Suburban Philadelphia. If you think this position is interesting, please apply as soon as possible! As part of its commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, our client seeks to comply with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
HOW TO APPLY:
Truly qualified candidates should send a cover letter along with a resume, and your cover letter MUST indicate your target hourly rate. You should also include your availability to interview and to start. References are checked; 3 professional references are required.
Please send your application to: Elissa R. Outtrim, Esq. at email@example.com