Corporate Governance Paralegal with mortgage/insurance/financial services background a PLUS
UPDATED MARCH 22: TEMPORARY/FULL-TIME: (PH020819-P) Our confidential corporate client, located in the Western Philadelphia Suburbs, has an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Corporate Paralegal with experience within the Mortgage/Insurance/ Financial Services industry. It is anticipated that this will be a LONG-TERM assignment lasting 6 months or more. Very pleasant, professional, congenial environment, with office near public transportation. In this position, the selected paralegal must have public company experience .
The focus here is on public company experience. Expertise with Board related administrative work, communication with Board members, maintain calendar for Board Meetings, SEC filings, maintain filing database. Experience supporting the corporate governance side. Confidentiality is extremely important.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- You must hold a paralegal degree or certification from an ABA-approved program, and, have at least 5 years of experience in a financial services company/legal/compliance department. Experience in project management preferred.
- Must be highly detailed-oriented and proficient in Westlaw and research
- Possess knowledge of legal, real estate, court and insurance terminology and procedures
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Have the ability to work closely with Senior Management
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Have the ability to research statutes concerning mortgage lending
- Possess excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities with conflicting deadlines
- Have the ability to work productively as part of a team and as an individual contributor
- Be willing and able to learn licensing, immigration and other new skills
SORRY BUT NO “BANKING” PARALEGALS NEED APPLY. NO ATTORNEYS NEED APPLY. THANK YOU.
NOTE: You will be assisting with some various state licensing renewals, periodic reporting, NMLS licensing and/or immigration support. Training will be provided if you do not have these aforementioned skills.
Three professional references are required. The selected candidate would have to clear a background check and a drug test before starting.
If you believe you have the experience and skills sought and can be immediately available to interview and to start, please RUSH your cover letter and CV, along with your target hourly rate (MUST STATE THIS) to: Elissa R. Outtrim, Esq. at email@example.com