HR and COMPLIANCE PARALEGAL
Philadelphia, PA | Temporary
TEMPORARY/FULL-TIME: HR and COMPLIANCE PARALEGAL. (PH061418-P). Our client, a Philadelphia-based corporation and diversified company serving a wide variety of markets globally for generations, seeks a driven, team player to assist the client's Chief Employment and Data Privacy Counsel.
Additionally, the selected candidate would also assist in other projects as needed.
Your work would be conducted under the general supervision of our client's legal counsel.
In this position, you would:
• Be able to marshal resources in an environment with changing priorities
• Orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal while maintaining composure
• Possess outstanding process documentation skills
• Be interested in continuous learning and training
• Be able to apply a working understanding of substantive areas of law relating to Corporate and Commercial matters in a global business setting
• Be well-versed in policy management, data privacy, and in office practices and procedures applicable to human resource compliance
• Be well-versed in establishing and managing compliance systems generally, with particular emphasis on those systems applicable to international operations
• Track costs of projects to budget.
The selected candidate will be motivated, creative and result oriented, and will be able to independently follow through to task or project completion. This work requires exercising considerable independent judgment and initiative in developing record monitoring procedures, and ensuring the achievement of legal department objectives.
• Serves as a SME related to policy, legal and compliance matters.
• Understand and stay informed regarding best compliance practices, establish and manage compliance systems (including policy management systems).
• Manage legal training systems and deployments related to policies.
• Research federal, state, and international laws and regulations related to data security, information security and privacy, including laws related to compromised data and security breach incidents.
• Guide and support lines of business on legal and regulatory requirements related to privacy and information security.
• Works with internal counsel to identify compliance gaps within the company and work with appropriate business functions to correct and/or mitigate potential issues.
• Creates, communicates, and maintains internal and public facing policies and procedures and defines internal policy enforcement guidelines
• Defines and communicates boundaries and employee expectations around key processes/procedures
• Support managing attorneys by delivering reports and preparing presentations to business leaders on compliance processes
• Handles various administrative tasks, ad-hoc legal and compliance projects
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved institution required
• Knowledge of international privacy regulations and/or CIPP or CCEP certification strongly preferred.
• The successful candidate will have a minimum of three to five years paralegal experience in a legal environment with a multi-national corporation, with experience in compliance processes and issues.
• Highly organized, detail oriented and able to follow through on assignments
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with other departments to advance organizational goals
• Solid, demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and a detail orientation
• Excellent team and interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain strict levels of confidentiality
• A confident, but flexible personality
• Capacity to work well with employees across all departments
• Strong general computer skills, including expert knowledge of Microsoft Office business software (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Internet usage.
HOW TO APPLY:
Truly qualified paralegal candidates should send a cover letter along with a resume, and your cover letter MUST indicate your target hourly rate. You should also include your availability to interview and to start. References are checked; 3 professional references are required.
Please send your application to: Elissa R. Outtrim, Esq. at firstname.lastname@example.org