International Data Privacy Law Counsel [GDPR fluent]
Philadelphia, PA | Temporary
TEMPORARY/FULL-TIME: International Data Privacy Law Counsel. (PH061418-A). This is a TEMPORARY long-term assignment, slated to last ONE-YEAR.
The selected attorney will provide high-quality and practical legal support for Human Resources, the Law Department on Data Privacy projects, legal requirements, implementation and compliance issues.
Knowledge of and experience with GDPR matters a BIG PLUS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of the Company’s data privacy program and initiatives
• Direct and supervise outside counsel
• Identify and assist in the implementation of privacy policies and process improvements
• Effectively maintain records and files of matters handled or managed.
• JD with license to practice law in any state. Must be active and in good-standing with NO disciplinary history in ANY jurisdiction.
• Another MUST: 5 plus years of experience in employment law and 3 years data privacy law. Knowledge of and experience with GDPR.
• Clear, concise, effective communicator and writer
• Demonstrated creativity, integrity, initiative, resilience, and ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent drafting skills with keen attention to detail
• Excellent verbal/written communications skills
• Strong organizational and negotiation skills
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Ability to work effectively with and manage outside legal counsel, investigators, and other outside service providers
• In-house experience
• Experience with domestic and international data privacy laws
HOW TO APPLY
Truly qualified attorney candidates should send a cover letter along with a resume, and your cover letter MUST indicate your target hourly rate. You should also include your availability to interview and to start. References are checked; 3 professional references are required.
Please send your application to: Elissa R. Outtrim, Esq. at email@example.com