Litigation Paralegal for Corp Law Dept
TEMPORARY/FULL-TIME: (PH12219-Para) Our confidential corporate client, located in Philadelphia. seeks a Temporary/FT litigation PARALEGAL for an open-ended assignment of expected long duration. The ideal candidate would have 5 years of experience with the following typical tasks, and note, the list is not all-inclusive:
Typical Assignments -
• Draft Answers to Complaints
• Review/Summarize Discovery Answers and Documents
• Review/Summarize Medical Records
• Order additional medical records based upon completed records reviews
• Draft and Serve Discovery Requests on Plaintiffs
• Draft discovery Motions as needed.
• Review/Summarize Deposition transcripts
• Draft Motions/Supporting Memorandums of Law, i.e. Summary Judgment
• Draft Settlement Conference Memos
• Draft Pre-Trial Memorandums
• Communicate with expert witnesses for reports, etc.
• Legal Research – Westlaw
• General Internet Research – Locate witnesses/parties/corporate background searches
• Draft questions for medical depositions of Plaintiff’s expert witness/doctor
• Draft Voir Dire Questions
• Draft Proposed Points for Charge
• Scan and send records, pleadings and discovery documents to medical/liability experts
• Review Court dockets – put ticklers for discovery and trial deadlines on Outlook calendar
• Communicate with co-counsel for defendants/plaintiffs as necessary
The need is IMMEDIATE for this busy legal department!
The selected paralegal would report directly to the attorneys on staff, and, ultimately, to the General Counsel.
To be considered you must have experience as outlined above, as a litigation paralegal, and, have achieved a degree or certificate from an ABA-accredited paralegal program. Three (3) professional references are required and will be checked. The selected candidate would need to submit to a background check and clear it prior to beginning the assignment.
If you believe you truly are qualified for this assignment, rush your resume today for review! Send it to: Elissa R. Outtrim, Esq. at email@example.com
Your application MUST include: a cover letter, outlining your relevant experience, your SPECIFIC target rate and NOT simply say "market rate," and, your availability to interview and to start.
Thanks! We look forward to hearing from you!