Senior Associate (7 years)/Patent Attorney
Philadelphia, PA | Permanent
Permanent/FT: PH0228181: Major Philadelphia Firm, with robust IP practice, seeks a Sr. Associate/Patent Attorney. The qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Senior associate level (at least 7 years in practice) or Partner level.
- Degree in some type of chemistry. Attorney candidates with chemical engineering backgrounds may be considered. A Masters or Ph.D is a PLUS but NOT required.
- Must be competent to handle preparation and prosecution of patent applications involving organic and inorganic chemistry, polymers, microbiology and pharmaceuticals, with little to no supervision. The ability to assist, if needed, with mechanical patent preparation and prosecution is a PLUS, but NOT absolutely required.
- Experience in working with the pharmaceutical and/or medical device industries, including how business and/or regulatory environment can inform IP strategy, IS PREFERRED.
- Some patent litigation experience (even if not extensive or only in a support role) IS PREFERRED, but NOT absolutely required.
- Experience with analyzing patent clearance search results and drafting patent non-infringement and invalidity opinions.
- At least some experience with international patent prosecution, especially European.
- Would like candidates to possess portable business that would occupy about 1/3-1/2 of the candidate’s time BUT this NOT an absolute.
- Have good business sense/savvy and a positive collaborative way of interacting with clients, including middle/upper management and engineers.
- Have a knack for “invention mining” when meeting with engineering and management teams.
• Have a desire to grow his/her career and help enhance the IP capabilities of the Philadelphia office of a reputable regional general practice firm.
Candidates should be members of the USPTO, and, have an active state law license (any state is fine. PA or NJ would be great but NOT required) and be in good-standing. You should not have had any disciplinary history in any jurisdiction.
For immediate review and consideration, please send your resume and a cover letter, indicating your target yearly compensation and your availability to interview and start.
Send your application to: Elissa R. Outtrim, Esq. at email@example.com