CANADIAN Contracts Attorney: Strong Logistics Industry Experience (REMOTE!)
US 031822: CANADIAN Contracts Attorney: Strong Logistics Industry Experience (REMOTE!)
TEMP/PART-TIME (Approx. 20 HOURS WK)// US 031822.
Our client, a Global Leader in advanced analytics platforms and blockchain technologies, serving a wide range of industries, has an IMMEDIATE need for a US-BASED, CANADIAN-LICENSED contracts attorney, for about 20 hours/3 days a week, REMOTE.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of RELEVANT EXPERIENCE in LOGISTICS and SUPPLY CHAIN matters either through a law firm or corporate law department.
In this position you will draft, review, red-line and negotiate a variety of domestic and international commercial agreements. These agreements will include warehousing and logistics documents such as warehouse receipts, Bills of Lading, customer and carrier contracts, standard contract terms and conditions, and, tariffs.
You will also:
- Advise internal stakeholders and represent the company in freight loss and damage claims; negotiate and draft transportation contracts, and; handle all aspects of warehouse legal liability.
- Assist internal stakeholders with contract negotiation and RFP responses.
- Develop and recommend improvements for standard contractual documents, templates and clause libraries.
- Evaluate and understand applicable laws and regulations so to minimize potential legal risks.
- Perform legal analysis and make practical recommendations on risk mitigation and compliance issues.
- Assist with other legal and risk management matters as requested, such as those related to corporate governance, joint venture, employment and litigation.
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school.
- YOU MUST POSSESS (NO EXCEPTIONS) AN ACTIVE LAW LICENSE IN GOOD-STANDING IN CANADA.
- YOU MUST POSSESS A US STATE LAW LICENSE, ACTIVE AND IN GOOD-STANDING.
- You MUST have NO record of disciplinary history in ANY jurisdiction.
- YOU MUST HAVE FIVE-PLUS (5+ years) experience of RELEVANT industry experience via law firm or corporate law department.
- Possess exceptional attention to detail, superior written/verbal communication skills, demonstrative ability to approach legal problem-solving and provide practical advice/creative solutions in a "business-friendly" way.
- Work accurately in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sense of urgency.
- Ability and flexibility to participate in occasional international calls in differing time zones!
HOW TO APPLY
Please review the above and if you truly believe you possess the qualifications and experience required for this position, please send your recruiter a cover letter that contains your target hourly rate (specific dollar amount) and availability to interview and start.
You should of course include your most recent resume.
Send the above to Elissa R. Outtrim, Esq. at email@example.com for immediate consideration.