Dallas - Ft Worth, TX US
Contracts Attorney - Logistics (in and outbound/highway and ocean): IMMEDIATE NEED
TEMP/PART-TIME (Approx. 20 HOURS WK) Our client, a Global Leader in advanced analytics platforms and block chain technologies, serving a wide range of industries, has an IMMEDIATE need for a contracts attorney, for about 20 hours/3 days a week, on-site in the Dallas, Texas metropolitan area. On-site days are generally Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
In addition to having worked with logistics in general, the required skills include knowledge of:
--the Federal Maritime Commission laws and regulations
--the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration laws and regulations
--import/export laws and regulations
--inbound/outbound transportation laws and regulations
In this position you will draft, review, redline and negotiate a variety of domestic and international commercial agreements. These agreements will include warehousing and logistics documents such as warehouse receipts, Bills of Lading, customer and carrier contracts, standard contract terms and conditions, and, tariffs.
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school.
- PREFER an active law license in good-standing in Texas . Must also have NO disciplinary history in ANY jurisdiction.
- 5+ years experience of RELEVANT industry experience via law firm or corporate law department.
- Possess exceptional attention to detail, superior written/verbal communication skills, demonstrative ability to approach legal problem-solving and provide practical advice/creative solutions in a "business-friendly" way.
- Work accurately in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sense of urgency.
- Ability and flexibility to participate in occasional international calls in differing time zones!
HOW TO APPLY
Please review the above and if you truly believe you possess the qualifications and experience required for this position, please send your recruiter a cover letter that contains your target hourly rate (specific dollar amount) and availability to interview and start.
You should of course include your most recent resume.
Send the above to Alisa M. Austin, Esq. at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Favorite Quote: “Life isn’t about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain.”
Experience: Employment law attorney with Seyfarth Shaw. Author of employment law advisories for the Research Institute of America. Attorney with the U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division.
Accomplishments: U.S. Department of Justice’s Honor Program. University of Georgia Law Review, Research Editor. University of Georgia Order of the Coif.
Degree: JD (magna cum laude) from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1984. Top 10 percent of class. BS (magna cum laude) in Administration of Justice from The American University.