Energy Attorney: FERC and PUC experienced
Western Philadelphia Suburbs, PA
TEMP/FT ENERGY ATTORNEY: FERC and PUC experienced. (Job # PH100421)
For this opportunity, you will be responsible for all activities surrounding or relative to managing, drafting, reviewing and filing, cancelling, assigning and/or amending large volumes of our client's service agreements (including, but not limited to, Interconnection Service Agreements, Interconnection Construction Service Agreements, tie-line agreements and Wholesale Market Participation Agreements).
Our client seeks 1 - 4 attorneys for this IMMEDIATE NEED. The client is located in the Philadelphia area/surrounding counties.
Virtual work but requiring some in-person on-site attendance at meetings, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Draft and review service agreements and work with other attorneys, paralegals and internal clients to resolve any legal or drafting issues regarding same.
• Prepare and/or review service agreement filing packages for submission to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (“Commission” OR "FERC").
• Draft and/or review consents to assignment and agreements to amend. Facilitate breach negotiations and terminations, status letters, and review third-party assignments, security bonds and letters of credit.
• Support clients in service agreement negotiations and disputes, and may handle self-reports and referrals with the Commission.
• Counsel and advise management and staff on tariff compliance and other regulatory issues. Participate in discussions to develop policies affecting our client. Provide legal advice and interpretations of our client's tariff and other governing documents. Provide legal support and counsel in the stakeholder process, and in litigation and regulatory proceedings both at the state and federal levels.
• Draft and/or review of pleadings and motions.
• Conduct legal and factual research and analysis, prepare memos and reports.
• Prepare and circulate summaries of various pleadings in legal proceedings of interest. Stay current on Commission decision-making in other areas that might impact our client's business.
• Prepare informative or explanatory material on laws, federal regulations, and federal agency policy for general use by department and clients.
CHARACTERISTICS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be meticulous, have a thorough knowledge of legal formalities, and be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility to the satisfaction of the manager. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Practicing attorney with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a law firm, corporate legal department or governmental agency. PA license preferred but any state law license will be considered so long as you are active and in good-standing with NO discipline in ANY jurisdiction.
• Candidate must be pro-active, efficient, organized and demonstrate an ability to produce high-quality work product in a high volume environment with attention to detail, confidential and timely manner.
• Candidate must be highly-proficient with desktop applications such as MS-Word, MS-Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Communication skills, oral and written, which demonstrate professional, customer-focused approach to completing assignments and representing company.
Experience with contract management
Experience with litigation
Experience with energy Agreements, Manuals and Tariffs
Experience with energy company operations, markets, and planning functions
Experience assisting in the preparation and filing of documents in federal or state regulatory proceedings
Experience with PUC and state regulatory laws, coupled with a general understanding of the electric utility industry
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a cover letter (eMail) indicating how you meet the requirements of this opening, along with your current resume and your hourly rate requirement. State when you can interview and start and what duration you could do, including, if appropriate, that an open-ended assignment would be acceptable.
Send to: Elissa R. Outtrim, Esq. at eouttrim at assignedcounsel dot com.