LICENSING SPECIALIST: FINANCIAL SERVICES/INSURANCE INDUSTRIES (NOT BANKING!)
Philadelphia Western Suburbs, PA
LICENSING SPECIALIST: FINANCIAL SERVICES/INSURANCE INDUSTRIES (NOT BANKING!) Permanent/Full-Time (PH062419): Our client, a well-respected local financial services company in the Philadelphia 'burbs, seeks someone to assist in applying for appropriate licenses in all 50 states. This is a non-exempt position and focused upon compliance.
As part of a wholly-owned subsidiary that employs all of the client's underwriters, and is situated in its legal department, you would be assisting in information gathering, educating, testing and applying for individual licensing for appropriate employees of that subsidiary. The licensing specialist is responsible for renewing and updating in a timely-fashion all of the corporate licenses for this subsidiary and its employees, drafting replies to regulatory exams, and, filing quarterly and annual reports in all states where appropriate for all entities, including mortgage call report. Additionally, some of the subsidiary employees assist, as a provided service, our client's own outside lender clients with underwriting their mortgage loans.
To be considered to join this excellent and congenial team, you must have experience from a lending institution (mortgages, etc.). Sorry but our client is NOT interested in seeing resumes from banking employees.
In addition to the above duties, the selected candidate would also work on maintaining a Disaster Recovery Plan, and, assist with immigration matters (training provided). A full job description may be provided to candidates the recruiter sees as a strong fit, for his/her review and discussion.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Five (5) years of experience in a mortgage company legal/compliance department with knowledge of SAFE Act, licensing, statues, rules, regulations, including upcoming bills introduced.
- Knowledge of NMLS and ability to navigate through the government system.
- Knowledge of Metricstream would be helpful but not required.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Must be highly detail-oriented.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to research statutes concerning mortgage lending.
- Possess excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities with conflicting deadlines.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to work productively as part of a team and as an individual contributor.
If you are experienced and skilled as outlined above, this recruiter would love to hear from you ASAP! Please send a cover letter, outlining how you believe you meet the position, and, state your target annual base salary requirement. You should also indicate your availability to interview and to start as this is an IMMEDIATE need!
Send your information to: Elissa R. Outtrim, Esq. at email@example.com