District of Columbia, (none selected) US
TEMPORARY FULL-TIME REMOTE - This position will be four months, beginning in late April or early May. The organization is looking for an attorney to assist on a full-time remote basis.
KEY JOB COMPONENTS
1. Provide advice, counsel, and strategic guidance to Human Resources and business management on employment issues, including accommodation, leaves of absence, reorganizations, investigations, performance management, terminations, recruiting and hiring, background checks, compensation and benefits, and wage and hour issues.
2. Manage outside counsel in defense of employment related claims and legal actions.
3. Draft and edit employment-related contracts, documents, and correspondence.
4. Review legal developments and advise on compliance.
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Must have an active law license and be in good-standing. Must also have NO disciplinary history in ANY jurisdiction.
- 5+ years experience of RELEVANT industry experience via law firm or corporate law department.
HOW TO APPLY
Please review the above and if you truly believe you possess the qualifications and experience required for this position, please send a cover letter that contains your target hourly rate (specific dollar amount) and availability to interview and start.
You should of course include your most recent resume.
Send the above to Robert J. Murphy, Jr., Esq. at email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Favorite Quote: “Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.”— John Wooden
Experience: Practicing attorney since 1974. Held Associate through General Counsel positions in a law firm, an insurance company and financial services firm.
Accomplishment: Board Chairman of United Way of Southeastern Pennsylvania, The Center for Autism and the United Way of Pennsylvania and Board Member of Wheels, Inc., Valley Forge Historical Society and The Library Company of Philadelphia.
Degree: JD University of Pennsylvania Law School. BA History & Theatre, Wesleyan University.
Personal: Triathlete. Long-time indoor cycling instructor.