Temporary Government Contracting/IT Contracts Attorney
Bergen County, NJ
TEMPORARY/IN-HOUSE (**STILL OPEN AS OF 9/17**): Global IT company located in Northern NJ seeks a US Government contracting compliance and IT transactional attorney for a great temporary assignment that is anticipated to last for 6+ month. Ideal candidate will have 10+ years total legal professional experience with a minimum of 8 years US Government contract drafting experience and a minimum of 10 years IT/software/technology contracts experience which ideally would include software license agreements, IT related professional services agreements, software reseller/distribution/partner/alliance agreements, ASP/SaaS/cloud agreements, and NDA/non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements. Attorney must have solid understanding of U.S. Government contracting compliance for companies that are either (a) a direct/prime contractor to the Government or (b) sell non-COTS items/non-commercial off the shelf items, including: 1) implementation of FAR/DFAR; 2) audit; 3) writing policies/directive/implementation guides for employees; and 4) training. Candidate must also have minimum of 3 years’ experience with U.S. Government contracting compliance for companies that are sub-contractors to the Government and selling COTS items/commercial off the shelf items.
This position reports directly to the General Counsel. Responsibilities include
- Drafting and negotiating IT and direct/reseller software/hardware/services contracts where the products/services are sold directly/indirectly to the U.S. Government.
- Take ownership of U.S. Government contracting compliance implementation/compliance including managing/interfacing with outside U.S. Government contracting compliance counsel.
- Drafting/reviewing/revising a high volume of high priority IT-Government and generic IT contracts.
- Draft contract templates as needed.
- Various other tasks as needed.
This position is slated to start immediately. If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com for immediate review. Qualified candidates will be contacted -- thank you!